Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's been a great year!

Oh wait.......It's the last day of 2009 already??

I didn't even realised it until this moring when I got up from my bed.

And guess what?I'm working tonight.....and tmr night as well.....

What!Working on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?Yes.How depressing!

Ever since working,I really start to appreciate people that work during weekends,holidays, and festive seasons.All these years during those times,I'll hang out with my family and friends. We go makan, watch movie, and shopping. During festive seasons, I'll go to places where the shops are open till past midnight to enjoy the atmosphere. During new year's eve,I'll usually got to church for watchnight service and after that,head for supper and laze around gurney drive till early morning.

I have never come to realization that these people had to sacrifice their time by working to give us the weekend and festive mood.We sometimes grumble when the shops we wanna go are closed on holidays.Now I know how it feels like to work while the whole world are partying.



Anyway,here are some of the highlights this year!

  1. I've not played the drums since early January.
  2. I've eaten Mcd less than 5 times throughout this year.
  3. I've experience summer,autumn,winter and spring for the first time.
  4. I've survived the hottest day which was 43C and the coldest night which was 5C without any air conditioning or heater.
  5. I've managed to spend less money here than back home.
  6. I've met so many different people from different parts of the world for the first time.
  7. I've lost 6kg since coming to Adelaide.
  8. I'm able to eat yogurt,salad,cereals for lunch and yet feel full for the first time.
  9. I'm part of Adelaide's biggest church,Paradise Community Church.
  10. I'm away from home for 10 months for the first time!

2009 has been one of my best years.I can say it is the best year since 2005.But I know that 2010 is gonna be even better.

Thanks everyone for making this year such a memorable one for me.

I'm so excited and fired up for 2010.

Happy New Year!!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment