Saturday, July 9, 2011

Doa Untuk Malaysia

If you are a Malaysian, this post is for you.

Are you sick of all the dirty politics, the corruption and the abuse of power going on in our country? Honestly, I'm seriously sick of it, and any true Malaysians would feel the same way. I'm not interested in who is right or wrong, or which party is ruling the country. I just want a better Malaysia, a corruption-free country because I love Malaysia.

If you studied Marketing before, you would learn about the 80-20 rule. That only 20% of your buyers are heavy buyers while 80% are actually light buyers. And that applies in our everyday life. Isn't it? That 20% of the church people will do 80% of the work. That majority of people would only complain and do nothing while those who actually do something are the minority. I see this everywhere, every time.

And this applies to Malaysians. That majority of us would just complain and complain about our government, the politics and all. But how many of us actually do something about it?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all of us gotta be politicians or something. But how many of us actually pray for our country? Or play our part in voting during elections? It's little things like this that makes a big difference. You can say "Aiyah...what can we do? Sure loose one lah. BN sure win one." or "I'm just fed up with Malaysia. I can't be bothered. Malaysia hopeless lah" or you can say "Yes, I'm gonna play my part and believe for a change."

And so I did.

Went to this Bersih gathering in Victoria Square today. The crowd was roughly 160 people. Not bad for the number considering the fact that it was raining throughout the day and it was freezing cold. Really glad to meet other Malaysians who were also passionate for a change in Malaysia. We peacefully gathered there to voice out for fair vote during elections and for dirty politics to stop. Just a statement of intent. Nothing else.


 



Me and my friends. WE ALL LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

And today's news back home was that 50 000 people actually braved the police force in KL to voice out for the country. Over 1600 people arrested for stupid reasons like they wore a yellow shirt. Many was sprayed with chemical waters and several injured/beaten up by the police. It was the police force that acted in violence and not the crowd. These people did it with a cost, but through this, I believe it will be a start of something new. So proud of everyone who took part in it. U GUYS ARE THE HEROES/HEROINES OF THE COUNTRY!!! For standing up for justice for the country.

Friends, changes just don't happen like this. It takes time, effort, perseverance and faith. It comes with a COST. Are you willing to pay the cost?

"14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14 



No comments:

Post a Comment