Saturday, May 7, 2011

A special night with Reinhard Bonnke




Today, I had the privilege to hear from 1 of the greatest evangelist ever known, Reinhard Bonnke. He started his ministry in Africa and since then, God has just used him so powerfully. For the past 10 years, he has won over 55 million people for Christ. He holds a record of having 3 million + people attendance in 1 single meeting. Mind blowing!

 


In church when I was saw the video of his ministry, to see so many lives he has touched and impacted, and lead them to Christ, it just moved me to tears. How did he do that? What keeps him going in evangelizing? The answer is simple: Passion and compassion.

And I ask myself :"How can we even often doubt God for miracles? Isn't He the God of miracles? And isn't He, the same God that parted the red sea, the same God we worship today?" I have just witness someone who has done miracles after miracles through the power of God. 55million people saved in 10 years. Over a million people saved in 1 evening. If that's not miracle, than what else can it be?

And I also ask myself :"How can I sometimes lose passion in bringing people to Christ? Isn't that the great commission, the very thing Jesus asked us to do before He went back to heaven?" What other joy can replace the joy of having your loved ones saved?

We can continue to seek earthly treasures but the truth is, nothing on earth here is eternal. No matter how successful you are, your body will still end up in the grave 1 day and you can't bring your money, certs, possession with you to the next life.

I rather seek after eternal treasures, such as seeing lives changed forever. Where friendship and relationships will last forever, where life starts to become meaningful. And of course, knowing that there will be a happy ending to life.

I am fired up for Him again! We only have 1 life, 1 short life on earth to make a difference. The time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment